1945 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's 2010's
In the fall of 1944 Pastor F.C. Reuter of First English Lutheran, then the chairman of the Mission Board of the Wisconsin district of the American Lutheran Church, and Pastor W. Gammelin, Zion Lutheran Church, saw the need of organizing a mission congregation on the northwest side of Appleton. The following verbs served to help develop its mission:
Grace’s humble beginnings started with volunteers from sister congregations of Zion and First English renovating a small house into a chapel seating 40 members. However, 66 people attended the first service in the little chapel on the corner of Mason and Commercial streets on October 7, 1945. Dean Kilgust was the first pastor to shepherd the 54 member congregation.